To lose weight, you need to expend more energy than you take in each day. The most effective strategies include modifying dietary habits and increasing physical activity. In addition, a wide variety of modest methods might help optimize your work. For example, if your calendar is complete, you may be interested in learning how to lose 20 pounds without exercising in only two weeks.
First, Vow to Do It.
As straightforward as it may seem, dropping pounds will be challenging if you aren’t dedicated to the process. Since this is just a temporary eating plan, you’ll need to be methodical about it. The target is not 20 pounds in a month, but rather two. Given that it will take you longer than two weeks to lose weight, you won’t even get a day off.
You must make up your mind to finish as soon as you start. However, suppose you’re having trouble sticking to your promise. In that case, some methods may assist you, such as informing other people about your goal and having them keep you responsible or even doing it alongside you.
Minimize the number of calories you consume.
If you want to drop 20 pounds in 2 weeks without exercising, cutting down on your calorie intake is your best choice. Simply put, weight loss occurs when caloric expenditure exceeds caloric intake. Consequently, cutting down on food intake is a logical first step. Dietary restriction is necessary to achieve this.
There are 3,500 calories in a pound of fat. This implies that you will still need to expend 3,500 calories to lose weight. Losing one pound requires cutting your caloric intake by roughly 500 calories daily. A daily caloric deficit of 1000 calories has the potential to result in a weekly weight loss of 2 pounds (10).
If you want to drop 10 pounds in a week, you may have to reduce your calorie consumption drastically. Crash diets are defined as those with weekly caloric deficits of less than 1,000 calories. However, this is never advised since the body can have an adverse reaction to the sudden shift.
So you will need to enter what you eat in your health app, fit band, smartwatch, or phone to calculate your calories and energy consumption.
- Try breaking your meals up into smaller portions.
- Replace full-fat milk with low-fat or skim milk for your morning beverage.
- Substitute mustard for mayonnaise on your next sandwich.
- Salad dressing should be drizzled rather than poured.
- You should dip your food into gravies and sauces served on the side rather than slathering them on top of your meal.
- Forgo the sauces and opt instead for grilled meats, steamed veggies, and salads dressed with oil and vinegar.
Reduce the number of carbohydrates you eat.
Reducing your carb intake may aid in your weight loss efforts.
Our bodies rapidly metabolize carbohydrates, making us hungry again soon after eating them. As an added bonus, they send signals to the body that encourage fat storage. Both of these effects are detrimental to efforts to reduce body fat. Reducing carbohydrates might be challenging, so cutting down may be more effective.
- Don’t eat too much bread.
- Don’t eat more than one bowl of cereal every day.
- Reduce your intake of grains and tubers.
- Take caution. People with certain health issues should avoid following a low-carb diet. If you’re going to be on a low-carb diet, talk to your doctor before committing to it for an extended time.
Boost Your Fiber Intake.
If you’re trying to lose weight, one thing that will help is increasing your fiber consumption. Since fiber takes a while to pass through the digestive system, you’ll be satisfied for hours after eating it.
If you do this, you won’t become hungry between meals. Fiber not only aids in weight loss, but it also aids in the reduction of excess inches and the prevention of future weight gain.
- Make veggies the focus of at least half of your plate at every meal.
- Munch on some raw vegetables like carrots and cherry tomatoes.
- If you’re tired of plain turkey on your sandwich, try adding some spinach, cucumber, or bell pepper slices.
- You may think of fruits like apples, berries, bananas, etc.
Vegetables to include more of:
- Brussels sprouts
- Swiss chard
Consume more protein.
People who are always preoccupied with their next meal might consider upping their protein intake. Consuming protein might keep you full for longer. You’ll be able to control your appetite better and stick to your weight-reduction plan as a consequence.
Evidence suggests that a high-protein diet may help you lose abdominal fat while putting on muscle. This causes a more significant increase in metabolic rate, which aids in the process of losing weight. In addition, increasing your protein intake is a sure way to reduce hunger and food cravings.
Healthy protein sources include:
- meat: beef, chicken, pork, and lamb
- fish and seafood: salmon, trout, sardines, and shrimp
- plant-based proteins: beans, legumes, quinoa, tempeh, and tofu
Don’t eat processed foods.
If you’re trying to live a healthy lifestyle, you should limit your intake of baked goods.
If you want to drop 20 pounds in two weeks, you should eat less white bread, spaghetti, and rice.
Carbohydrates should be limited since they rapidly increase blood sugar levels. High blood sugar levels are associated with increased hunger, which may sabotage your weight reduction efforts if you give in to them. In addition, compared to individuals whose diets include whole grains, those focusing on refined carbohydrates are more likely to have visceral fat.
Eat less sugar
Don’t eliminate all sources of sugar from your diet since many dairy products, vegetables, fruits, and grains naturally contain sugar. Sugary baked products, cereals, fruit juices, soda, and sweets are the biggest offenders and should be avoided.
- Do not sweeten your breakfast foods anymore.
- It’s important to read labels since many processed goods, even ones you wouldn’t think would have sugar, do. Examples include spaghetti sauce, energy drinks, and barbecue sauce.
- Keep in mind that many different names may refer to sugar. High fructose corn syrup is a kind of corn sweetener that goes by a variety of other names.
Cut out sodium (salt).
Reducing sodium intake temporary can help us shed weight. Sodium causes our bodies to retain water, and water weight can account for 55-60% of your body weight. During the two weeks you are trying to lose weight, eliminate all the sodium you can from your diet. Here are some ideas:
- Don’t add salt to your food. Look for salt-free seasonings if you find your food too bland.
- Eat as little processed and packaged food as possible – they’re full of sodium.
- If you do eat packaged foods, choose low-sodium versions.
- Salad dressings and other sauces are often high in sodium. Omit these if you can, or use smaller amounts.
- Lowering sodium may help improve your overall health.
Take in more liquids.
Water may be used to do more than just stave off thirst; it can also help you feel more hungry. When hunger strikes, sipping a glass of water might help stave off the munchies until the next meal is due. For this reason, replacing unhealthy foods with water might help curb your appetite.
Remember that water takes up room in the stomach, so the more you drink before a meal, the less food you will feel like eating. It’s no secret that individuals who drink water before meals eat less overall.
- Keeping yourself well-hydrated will keep you energized and looking great.
- When trying to shed pounds via physical activity, it’s crucial to stay hydrated.
- You may reduce weight and maintain your digestive system healthily by drinking enough water to facilitate regular bowel movements.
- Water weight results from fluid retention that may be reduced by increasing water intake.
Exercise more intensely.
Weight loss is impossible without exercise. As far as cardio exercises go, high-intensity interval training is the most effective for weight reduction (HIIT). The ideal workout to shed pounds, high-intensity interval training (HIIT), consists of brief alternating bursts of speed with slower recovery intervals. More calories may be burned in a single session using this sort of exercise (up to 30% more than with traditional cardio).
Adding high-intensity interval training (HIIT) to your current workouts will help you see even more significant improvements. For example, try alternate minutes of walking with 30 seconds of running to include HIIT into your walking regimen.
Activate Your Muscles With Weights.
Weight reduction exercises that help burn calories include both high-intensity cardiovascular activity and strength training. The idea is to maintain and even gain muscle to increase your resting metabolic rate. In addition, jogging, cycling, swimming, Pilates, and even yoga are other forms of exercise that might help you shed pounds.
- Lateral pulldowns.
- Bicep curls.
Plenty Of Sleep.
There is a close relationship between sleep and weight. If you don’t get enough sleep, there is a higher likelihood of having a higher body weight. Several factors contribute to this, but the biggest of them is that sleep deprivation makes people hungry. Somehow, people in this situation tend to eat less-healthy foods instead of healthier ones.
A good night’s sleep should be about 7 to 9 hours of restful sleep every night. Doing so will make it a lot easier to lose weight faster. In addition, you will also be getting enough rest; thus, you will wake up feeling energetic for the next day’s workout.
Every night, have a food cutoff time established.
The hours between supper and night are often filled with snacking for many individuals. Late-night eaters often take in 500 more calories than those who eat earlier in the day. Therefore, in order to reach your objectives, you need to eat supper early and resolve to stay away from the kitchen thereafter.
Take Your Time While Eating.
Eating too fast might lead to a calorie overdose. This is because it might take up to 20 minutes for your brain to get a signal from your stomach, letting it know that you’re full. This implies that rushing through a meal increases your likelihood of overeating. However, when you take your time and savor each bite, you’ll feel fuller and happier when you’re done. That way, you won’t feel the need to eat between meals or as a snack.
Superior Vitamins and Minerals.
If you want to drop 20 pounds in two weeks, there is no lack of vitamins you may use. First, however, you need to know which vitamins will help you the most to lose weight quickly. With supplements, you may avoid nutritional deficiencies for the whole two weeks.
Sometimes, you may choose to keep taking the supplements after the first two weeks have passed. This is significant because it means you may keep shedding pounds and inches as you see fit. Omega-3 fatty acids, which are included in the finest supplements, can reduce inflammation and encourage weight reduction even in the absence of physical activity. A whey protein shake is a low-carbohydrate protein supplement that may help you feel full between meals.
Supplements containing athletic greens offer the body vitamins, minerals, potent probiotics, and antioxidants. If you do this, you’ll speed up your weight reduction and rev up your metabolism.
Vitamins and minerals that boost metabolism
weight loss supplements
- Green coffee extract
- Green tea extract
- Chromium Picolinate
- Garcinia cambogia extract
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid
- Guar gum
- Bitter Orange
Be very cautious of supplements, not all are FDA approved and have side effects that could occur. Natural is always the best way to go.
The Benefits of Fasting Periodically.
In addition to facilitating weight loss, studies have shown intermittent fasting boosts metabolism while preserving muscle mass. However, rapid weight loss may cause a condition known as “skinny fat,” which can be dangerous (appearing to be thin, but the body is mushy and soft). Because of this, you might end up dissatisfied with the form and tone of your physique.
One may go as long as 16 hours without eating. Unsweetened green tea, cold lemon water, black coffee, and branched-chain amino acids are all acceptable beverages when intermittent fasting. Your calorie consumption per day will go down as a result of this.
Stay Calm and stress-free.
Unchecked stress or worry would make it more difficult to cut weight, even if meditation and journaling alone were not enough to meet your weight reduction objectives in 2 weeks. In addition, the increased secretion of the stress hormone cortisol has been linked to both an increase in hunger and a promotion of fat storage. So, if you want to drop 20 pounds in two weeks, it’s best to do activities that help you unwind and relax.
Stay Away From Milk and Alcohol.
Don’t put too much weight on the must-dos and ignore the must-not. Refraining from consuming alcoholic beverages is one such thing. For one thing, alcoholic beverages include a lot of empty calories and may also slow down one’s metabolism.
Insufficient sleep is known to contribute to increased body fat, and alcohol use might alter your sleep cycle.
- An ounce (30 ml) of spirits has 100 calories, a glass of wine has 120 calories, and a pint of beer has 150 calories.
- Pick vodka tonics and other basic cocktails rather than ones with fruit juices and liqueurs.
- White wine and club soda may be used to make a refreshing spritzer.
- Spirits with delicious infusions are a great option since they are tasty without the extra calories.
- Replace your normal beer with a light beer.
- Don’t bother with sugar or other rimmed beverages.
Think About What You’re Putting in Your Body.
It’s just water and perhaps black coffee or tea without sugar that you can drink without feeling sick. It’s possible that all the other liquids you’re consuming aren’t providing any nutritional value beyond adding inches to your waistline. Consider that a 12-ounce latte produced with whole milk has 150 calories, whereas a 5-ounce glass of red wine contains roughly 125 calories. It would be best if you didn’t go cold turkey on these beverages but abstain from them throughout your weight loss effort. Be careful to include the energy you get from such beverages in your daily totals.
- Adopt the ideal of a healthy weight.
- Do not resort to “quick” weight reduction solutions such as diet pills, weight loss supplements, miraculous herbs, and the like. Many of them come with quite unpleasant side effects.
- In the first two weeks of a weight-loss programme, you should expect to see results of between 6 and 10 pounds lost. Inappropriately rapid weight reduction is harmful.
- Weight loss of 1-2 pounds per week is considered healthy by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Forcing oneself to starve or drastically restrict calories is an unhealthy way to lose weight. The minimum recommended daily calorie intake is between 1,200 and 1,500 calories.
- While enemas and laxatives might aid in temporary weight loss, they should be avoided in the long run for their potential health risks.
The bottom line
If you want to lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks, there are many things you can do. Adhering to a strict diet and exercise regimen is essential, but there are other factors that may help you reach your goal more quickly. Taking supplements, fasting periodically, and managing stress levels can all boost weight loss. Remember to avoid milk and alcohol, as they can hinder your progress.